Monday, September 12, 2011

Farm lover extraordinaire

This past Sunday I spent the day at a farm. My love for food extends into my love for farms. The thought alone of visiting a farm makes me giddy, smiley, and excited beyond belief! Just because I live in downtown Toronto doesn’t mean I can’t occasionally enjoy the farm life - thank goodness! Whittamore’s Farm is only 40 minutes from the city and offers Pick-It-Yourself fun as well as a small market with local fruit, vegetables, cheese, freshly baked goods and other wonderful local products.

It was a beautiful day; perfect picking conditions. We picked strawberries, raspberries, eggplant, tomatoes, green and red peppers, chili peppers, and zucchini. 

Stay tuned this week to see the fruits of my labour - literally! 









No comments:

Post a Comment